Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davey43

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
hi just wondering if someone could help i have an ibook g3 16vram 14.1 lcd 700 mhz translucent keyboard model not powering up got a power supply for it and it lights up green on side when battery is in it goes red and stays like that tried resetting pmu but no lusck anyone have any ideas please it goes green the power lead and stays like that

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Can you try re-typing that, using punctuation?

I think you're saying the charging light is green, but it's not actually charging. If that's the case, check the end of the AC adapter, and make sure the pin in the middle of the barrel isn't broken (If it doesn't come to a point, it's broken). This happened with my G4 iBook. It would look like it was charging from the barrel's light, but the computer would show no AC power being delivered.

If the battery being present causes the adapter to go red, it sounds like a dead battery. If it's an orange color, that means the battery is charging, and it will turn green when it's done. If it isn't turning green at all, the battery is dead.

davey43

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
its a new psu

its a new power supply the laptop wont power up ,when the batterys not present it just goes green and stays like that when batterys present and you switch on it turns red tried resetting pmu but not sure im doing it right thanks for your response

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.