iBook G3 problems...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by nickelbackmac, Jun 23, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

I have an iBook G3, (ya know, the white ones, not the clamshells), that I plan to sell on eBay. It has got some problems that I want to fix before listing:

VERY POOR battery life (15 minutes, it's dead)
    Keys are missing
    CD-DRIVE won't stay shut
    Adaptor plug (the part that goes into the laptop) is broken, but it charges the battery... I think...
    Worst part: When the display goes over a 90 degree angle with the laptop, it the backlight shuts off and I have to lay down to use the screen

Anyone know what to do with it? Should I spend more money on it trying to fix it up, give it away, or just, sad to say, recycle it?

2. macrumors 6502a

zakatov

It's junk. I have a perfectly fine G3 800 iBook and I'd have to pay someone to get it off my hands.

3. macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Well then pay the shipping and send it to me ;)
    Now for the OP i'd sell it for parts with that much going wrong with it. Look around at a parts iBook and go from there.

4. macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

Yay...:( more keys fell off... I think I SHOULD sell it for parts, but the only good parts are the internal ones. It will be sad for me to let my 4 or 5 year old iBook go. But it's for a good cause, called the I-need-a-MacBookPro-or-iMac-fund. It'll help a little, but at least I'm getting there.

*Marks $20 off the 2 grand fund*