ibook G3 Video problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by rogerw, Feb 21, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

Just recently, my daughters ibook has appeared to go off for no reason. It happened to me today and I noticed that its still on, but the screen is dark. you can only just make out some images. I ve had the logic board replaced 3 times.

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas before I start ringing apple tech tomorrow (oh no!)

just plugged a crt into it and its ok.

Backlight of the ibooks screen or could this be the logic board again?

2. macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

It is the logic board. I think since it has been replaced 3 times, you get a nice, shiny, G4 iBook.

3. macrumors 68000

varmit

It sounds like a logic board problem. I would push for a complete replacement, which means you could possibly get the newer G4. Otherwise you might have to bring it back in again, and they might not have the parts to be able to fix it anymore. There is a Lemon law, like if the same part gets fixed 3 times, the company has to give a full replacement. This law is different for each state so look it up for yourself and your state.

4. macrumors 68040

rickvanr

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

dont think its the same problem as in this thread. This fault has happened about 4 times in the last 4 or so days. rebooting it used to bring it back, but after the last time, nothing seems to now.

this new sequence of faults has acted itself in the same way as the other logic board faults ie. although the symptom is different this time. The fault started once rebooting it restored everything easily, then over the next failures, its was harder to re-instate until now - nothing can restore bring the screen back

ta all for help. I'll ring apple tech in morning, yet again. Noooooooo!!!!!!

6. macrumors member

BigDogg

Backlight issue