iBook g3 wont charge

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MAC1988, Jun 17, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Hey guys My girl friends iBook 900mhz g3 doesn't want to charge for some reason, has anyone had this problem?

2. macrumors 603

Warbrain

Try resetting the PMU. Someone else will most likely be able to give you instructions on how since I don't exactly know on that model.

3. macrumors 68000

xlii

How old is the battery. If more than 3 years old you might just need a new battery. I have a G3 700mhz ibook and that's how long my battery lasted.

If plugged in does the ibook still run? If not, does it run if you remove the battery and use only the powercord?

I grew up in Cranston...

4. thread starter macrumors member

Well the battery is more than 3 yrs old, but it doesnt get a charge at all, if i take the battery out it still wont power, so im stumped how do i go about ressetting the PMU?

5. macrumors 68000

xlii

If the ibook will not power on with the battery removed and the powercord plugged in then it sounds like the ibook needs repair. Is there an Apple store in RI? If not there are 2 in Massacheusetts. One in Cambridge and one in Newton on Route 9 inside of the Chestnut Hill Mall.

This is what apple says about ibooks that don't power on & resetting the PMU.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=50989

Good Luck.

6. macrumors newbie

ibook not charging

ya my ibook wont charge when i put the charger in instead of the light being orange it blinks green anyone have any ideas