ibook g3

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jmelick07, Jun 21, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I work a job where I find a lot of older laptops that I can keep/restore but I rarely find anything apple. The other day I did find a nearly prestine ibook g3 with a real nice case, usb floppy drive and all the literature and charger. I restored it and it is now running really smoothly (OS 9) and was wondering how much it is worth? I know this should probably more realistically go in one of the buy/sell forums but since I'm just a member I didn't think I could post there.....

anyone have any ideas?
    I think its 500mghz
    10g hd
    no airport
    64mb ram
    12in screen

2. macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

No airport == :(

I have seen loaded g4 ibooks go for $200 around here. But I have also seen clamshell ibooks go for $150... It is hard to say, I would look at doing an OBO type ad.

Edit: http://www.mac2sell.net/ says $20.

3. macrumors member

Sad panda.... at that point I might as well just put the air port card in it and have a little netbook to do some word processing with.

4. macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

5. macrumors member

6. macrumors member

why not keep it and use it as a computer you wouldnt mind carrying around with you all over especially in school where if it got stolen it isnt a big investment to replace. find a copy of tiger and install it on there and put in the airport card and you will have a nice little laptop that will last forever. upgrade the ram to 512 or more and it will be just fine.