Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoWiTUsA

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
I got my ibook G4 for an week, and I feel strange that the left side below the keyboard start to warm up very quickly. There is some holes on the left side below all connection, but I cannot feel any air going out??? Should I feel something like a fan working or anything, or its normal ???
Thx

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
I don't have a diagram of the iBook with me right now, but on the left palm rest resides either the hard drive or the processor. I think it's the hard drive, but I could be wrong.

Don't be alarmed if your iBook gets warm, or even hot, as it is normal, nothing to worry about.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
musicpyrite said:
I don't have a diagram of the iBook with me right now, but on the left palm rest resides either the hard drive or the processor. I think it's the hard drive, but I could be wrong.

Don't be alarmed if your iBook gets warm, or even hot, as it is normal, nothing to worry about.

Your right, it is the hard drive. Don't worry about it. And by the way, the fan rarely goes on. It has to get really hot for that to kick in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.