iBook G4 12"

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by DanielJ, May 9, 2006.

1. DanielJ macrumors newbie

Apr 7, 2006
    I just wanted to tell some people that I am going batty waiting for the fabled "Macbook"... and my university bookstore has just lowered the price of new iBook G4 12"s to $750.

hmmm. ARGH!

Whatever I end up doing, it'll be my first Mac. :eek:
  2. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2006
    It depends on how much money you have The iBook is still a great machine and at $750, its a bargain. If you have the money, wait for the Macbook as it is meant to be out this month.
  3. California macrumors 68040

Aug 21, 2004
    If they also lowered the price of Applecare as my edu store did on ibooks, it is worth it. You are ahead of the game in terms of cash, so look at it that way...

YOu also miss the rev A hassles, tho i don't expect many problems with the rev A macbooks.
  4. DanielJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 7, 2006
    Thanks for the input.

So, I decided that I've had enough of waiting and bought the iBook. I saved 25% off of a $1000 computer. Good deal.

It's also better than what I've got now, and certainly good enough for whatever I need to do.
  5. JoeKarame macrumors regular

May 2, 2005
    You got a very good deal. A 12" iBook was my first laptop - and it was absolutely brilliant - much better than the 14" one I have at the moment really (although, this is soon going to someone else as I raise funds for a Pro!).

Super portable, lovely looking and runs everything you need - certainly helped me with various Keynote presentations I had to do for work.
  6. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    Good? I think that's an awesome deal! Congrats! :D I started out w/ a 12" PowerBook, but I love my 12" iBook more and use it a lot more.
  7. yoak macrumors 65816

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    I still use my G4 12" ibook all the time. Great machine. Very portable, durable and it get´s everything (but gaming) done. I even used Final Cut Pro on it
  8. kugino macrumors 65816

Jul 10, 2003
    i think the 12" ibook is fantastic...durable, portable, and more than enough power for 90% of the stuff "normal" people do. my only complaint is its rather underpowered video card, but i can live with it.

i installed an 80GB 5400rpm HD in it when i first bought it 20 mos. ago (and i was still able to get some applecare repairs done on it...just be careful and they never know you opened it!)...add more ram and it's a fantastic machine.

now it's my wife's...with the "certainty" that MBs were going to be announced today :rolleyes: i finally gave my wife the ibook (she had been using a 400MHz tibook!) so i could get the MB...but it looks like i'll have to wait a little longer. congrats on the purchase!
  9. DanielJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 7, 2006