iBook G4 Battery

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by pb&j, Dec 5, 2003.

1. pb&j macrumors newbie

hello all

i just picked up an iBook G4 800 and i cannot believe how long this battery lasts

good God!

i just ditched my TiBook 550, whose battery life was 13-1/2 minutes or so it felt..... and now this!

i honestly cannot get over this!

is anyone else out there surprised/overwhelmed with the loooooooooong battery life of the new iBooks?

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm waiting to be overwhelmed by it. My wife's new iBook just left Taiwan this morning and while she is looking forward to finally having a computer of her own, I am going to be eager to compare it to my own TiBook. I bet the hefty battery life will make her VERY happy. Also hopefully she will have much better wireless reception than I do.

3. pb&j thread starter macrumors newbie

i was so taken by the battery life that i completely forget to make mention of the 'extreme' performance/reception of the airport extreme card.... make no mistake, the reception is exponentially better. i had too many instances where my TiBook just couldn't cut it reception wise. i am certain your wife will be pleased....AND you find yourself "upgrading" from the TiBook to the iBook.... boy, that sounds wierd. aside from the screen 15.2 to 12... which i don't mind... in fact i think this little guy has a brighter image than my old Ti 550, everything else is a push or improvement.... por exemplo, 20GB drive to 30 GB... "AirPort Sometimes" to AirPort Extreme... Combo to Combo... 550 to 800MHz... 1 firewire to 1 firewire... 2 USB 1.0 to 2 USB 2.0... a faster bus and a better graphics card.... all in all, a nice upgrade for $0. i hocked the TiBook on eBay for the price of the new iBook. :) Maybe you'll do the same, when you are taken by envy over your wife's new notebook.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I doubt I'll be getting rid of my TiBook anytime soon! I've got the 1Ghz model with a full gig of RAM and a 64Mb video card (Radeon mobility 9000) that will far outperform the 800Mhz iBook. Plus I've still got the PCMCIA card slot, a DVI and an S-Video out. I don't even own any USB 2.0 devices yet, and what with FW I don't see any reason to ever buy any USB 2.0 stuff! We'll both have 60 Gig hard drives, I really could care less about the "extreme" part of the airport. I mean my internet connection is under 1Mbit, so 11 or 54 Mbps means little to me unless I want to transfer HUGE files, which I don't do a whole lot of. Oh and I still have Gigabit ethernet for when I do need high transfer speeds and the person I want to swap with has a Gigabit card too.

While there will be things I will be jealous of her iBook for, I still wouldn't trade my PB for one. Plus the TiBooks just look so damn cool.:p