iBook G4 charge battery but only run on AC adapter

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by JakeM3tz, Sep 18, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 26, 2003
    I just bought a 74w NewerTech battery about 3 weeks ago but I don't think that is the problem....

I can run my iBook off of the AC adapter fine but when I unplug it it automatically shuts off as if there is no battery in it. It shows that the battery is charging and everything in the menubar but when I unplug it, it will shut off. This just happened today and earlier today I was working on it with the battery working fine. I also switched out to the old stock battery and it does the same thing. I think it has to be hardware related. I have reset the PMU and PRAM/NVRAM and it didn't help. Also when I started the computer back up it said that my clock was reset. Feedback is much appreciated.

iBook G4 14" Mac OS X (10.4.10) NewerTech 74w Battery, 1.5gb ram
  2. macrumors member

Sep 18, 2007
    Did you have this issue before you used the non apple battery? Make sure your battery contacts are clean.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 26, 2003
    No, I never had this issue. This battery worked very well for a few weeks but then this problem happened.

4. macrumors newbie

Mar 18, 2009
    ibook only runs on dc, battery in good health, and charging

i have exactly the same problem. Could it be a logic board or dc board issue?
    mine will just die if i pull out the power cord