iBook G4 for trade

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by xy14, Mar 20, 2005.

1. xy14 macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2004
    I have a 933mhz iBook G4, the last Apple Computer EVER under 1ghz. It is a collectors' item! just kidding. But anyways, I want to get rid of it and trade it for one of the following:

• An iBook G4 12" with 1ghz processoror faster and 40gb hard drive.
    • iMac G4 - 800mhz or faster - 40gb hard drive at least
    • eMac 800mhz or faster - 40gb or more please
    • Any G4 PowerBook - with 40gb or more

The details on mine:

933mhz G4 Processor
    40Gb Hard Drive
    Mac OS 10.3
    384mb Ram
    14" screen
    scratches galore, but only on top (by the Apple)
    holds 4hr battery life on avg
    comes with Apple Mouse
    power adapter included
    AirPort Extreme included only if other computer has AirPort/Airport Extreme
  2. xy14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2004
    come on..

someone please at least tell me if this is a good offer or whatever..

the more you post, the higher the thread gets, the more people look at it.
  3. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2005
    Northern California
    I'm not in the market for an iBook but this is what I think about your situation:

First of all, this thread should be in the Marketplace/Classifieds Section of the site. If it was you probably would get more response.

Secondly, why would someone want to trade their superior laptop for your iBook.

Third, you don't have any pictures to give the protential buyer an idea what you mean by "scratches galore"

That's just what I think. Maybe I'm off.
  4. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2004
    Bay Area
    I just want to say I highly doubt anyone would trade a G4 Powerbook for a G4 iBook.
  5. AstroManLuca macrumors member

Mar 18, 2005
    Besides, if you have a 933 MHz iBook, even the 1.2 GHz iBook isn't going to be a big upgrade for you. Why do you want to switch computers anyway?

I am just having a hard time understanding what your goal is here. You have a G4/933 iBook, which is certainly a fine machine. You want to trade it for something else, and you don't even seem to be very particular about what you want to trade it for. That just doesn't make any sense. Maybe if you wanted to trade your laptop for a more powerful desktop, it would make more sense.

If you are really, REALLY intent on replacing your iBook, I would suggest just selling it and buying a replacement computer instead of trying to find someone to trade with you. It's very difficult to find any trades.
  6. xy14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2004
    I am not looking to upgrade, I just want a 12" ibook. I dont care how fast it is. i dont care if its a 800mhz g4. anything at least that speed is acceptable.
  7. mleok macrumors member

Jan 12, 2005
    La Jolla, CA
    Need to emphasize that you have a 14" iBook for trade

I think the reason why you're not getting the responses you'll like is that you need to look carefully to realize that you're trading your 14" iBook for a smaller model.