Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidcalvet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I just found my old 3rd generation IPOD, that was broken (the folder icon appear in the screen).
And I was wonder if I can put my 60gb hard disk from my old IBOOK G4, that died last year (but the hard disk can be still in use using firewire conection) in the old ipod, wich lood pretty big.

Somebody tried it allready ?

thank you

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
Yes, ipod's used the really small 1.8's. But for $149 with all the video features and a SSD drive, you just have to go with the new Nano!

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
I just found my old 3rd generation IPOD, that was broken (the folder icon appear in the screen).
And I was wonder if I can put my 60gb hard disk from my old IBOOK G4, that died last year (but the hard disk can be still in use using firewire conection) in the old ipod, wich lood pretty big.

Somebody tried it allready ?

thank you

Did you try restoring the iPod?

The folder showing up sounds more like that kind of issue.

davidcalvet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
no I did not

As the firts replyer wrote, they are in diferent sizes and tipes, so I did no even tryed.
It was just to use my hard disk in the ibook more practically than to use it having to plug in the computer, start the computer, and take the fire-wire cable to my macbook ... to many things.

But thank you anyway for responding.

By the way, I have a 80gb ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.