Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katpugh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Wales, UK
Hey, I'm brand new here, (I'm not entirely sure that this is in the right place, either..) and I've been looking all week for an answer to this, but nothing's consistently worked to fix it..

I had my iBook G4 a few years ago, and since I was about eleven when I had it, I'm not sure I always took the best care of it, but it's always worked pretty much fine up until about a week ago. It's started shutting down randomly. It also sometimes randomly goes to sleep in the middle of things. In particular, it doesn't seem to like starting up, or the internet, especially if I'm on youtube. I've tried a PMU reset, as it worked once before when my laptop wouldn't start up, but it hasn't worked properly. It's worked from anywhere from a minute from the time I start up again, to about a day or two at most, but it always seems to shut down again.

I really don't know what else to do with it... and I don't understand how computers work at all. :( I'd really appreciate any help at all, tbh?

Thanks for taking the time to readd!

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.