ibook g4 mouse pad problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by drizahy4, Jun 18, 2004.

1. drizahy4 macrumors member

I've came across a problem as of late with my G4 12" ibook. When the computer is on for a while and it starts to get a little warm, the mouse pad starts to freak out. I will move my fingure across the pad and the mouse starts to jump around the screen. I would have to tap the pad a few times and it will go back to regular. It is pissing me off more and more. Other than that its a great machine. I purchased the computer in december so I know a year has not pasted. Any ideas on what I shoud do.

2. GrannySmith_G5 macrumors 6502

Very common problem with the ibooks. I got mine in november and this started happening last month to me as well. I was going to bring it in for repair, but then it suddenly stopped doing it. I have read in numerous posts that the best thing to do is to bring it in and get the part replaced. If mine acts up again, I'll be bringing it in. Don't listen to anyone who says it's static electricity or a dirty trackpad, these things do not fix the problem.

3. drizahy4 thread starter macrumors member

would we be able to bring just to an apple store or do we have to send it back to Apple.

4. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Any, Apple Store, Apple Autorized Repair Center, or Mail it to apple.

5. GrannySmith_G5 macrumors 6502

I'll be taking mine into an apple store if the problem comes back.

6. drizahy4 thread starter macrumors member

kool probly take it to the apple store in nyc next weekend then... Thanxs for all your help.