1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iBook G4 NEW extra junk

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mbopy22, Nov 16, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Hello I'm new in the Mac World, I've been wanting an Apple computer since I was 10 years old, so that's a 15 years wait!! hahah:)

The story is as follows... a year ago exactly on Oct/28/04 I went to Best Buy in Pentagon City and bought an Ipod Mini that had only a week old from been released... So I started using in it.. and after a year I went back to D.C. for working issues, so I asked for and found an apple Retail store in Bethesda.. :rolleyes:

Went there and spent from 16;00 until 17;40 to decide whether I'll buy or not a computer... I wanted a Powerbook but since my budget wouldn't allow me and since I wanted to To start crawling before running and flying... I decided to buy a 12” iBook. I got the normal one with 512mb ram, 40 gb HD and all that you guys know… I bought it on Oct/30/05 as you can see a year exactly after I became a Mac user LOL !!! =) =) =):D :D

Now here is the question… I´ve read in some posts here and I´ve seen in my computer a bunch of stuff that comes with it that I don´t want and I won´t use, for example that Nanosaur game…
    :mad:
    Could someone point me out what other junk stuff they put in on the original setting of the iBook so I can get rid of them and free some space in my HD? And also please tell me how to do it with out harming my computer…:confused:

Is just that I had an unfortunate computer start by using Fu#$%@ PC and Wind”$##•$”•%!•”%%!”$ows for the last 8 years.. so I´m all into that uninstall and yada yada thing that if you don’t do it right it will make things worst… :eek: :confused:

Thanks a MILLION!!!;)

Ps. Can anybody tell me a good web site to buy stuffs for iBooks, like cases, memory, HD and all the cool stuff??? I’ve already have an usb wireless mouse… (and is Microsoft eheheh sorry I just need the second button)

Ps. 2 I'm from Asuncion Paraguay South America!!! :p

2. macrumors 604

Lacero

Yeah, you can delete whatever program that was installed by just moving it to the trash. No harm done. Just don't delete your utility programs. :)

I got rid of Nanosaur, some of the financial programs and omnigraphics (?).

US web retailers include crucial.com and newegg.com, or from the Apple store. :D

Congrats from Paraguay!