Ibook G4 on the lower left hand corner very warm

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by etherburn2000, Apr 1, 2005.

1. etherburn2000 macrumors member

Jan 22, 2005
    I notice that the lower left hand corner of my of near my keyboard is very warm while my ibook is plugged into the AC adapter is that normal. There nothing blocking the vent
  2. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2005
    odd, but it will become very hot if you use it on a bed or pillow or something like that but it shouldnt if you use it on a flat table like surface
  3. rccola70 macrumors regular

Oct 28, 2004
    Ya its normal...when I'm playing games or large applications it gets really warm..
  4. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

Mar 2, 2005
    It's very normal

It gets hot there because thats where the hard drive is located and it gets hotter when it is connected to an outlet because by default, it is set to never go to sleep when connected and to go to sleep when possible when in battery mode. You can change this by going to System Preferences>Energy Saver.
  5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Mine's pretty hot right now but to be fair, it's been up and running about all day converting music, typing essays and messing around on the net (this forum included :) ) albeit it is about 36 degrees celsius here.

As someone said before, the front left corner is where the hard drive is so it's kinda comforting to think that it's all working well and good - even if it is a little warm. If you're really worried, go to:

Download the program and tell us what sort of temperatures you're running.