iBook G4 Repaired & Came Back With Problems!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by LaMerVipere, Jun 22, 2004.

1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

my 12" iBook G4 got sent in for repairs to the trackpad and I just got it back today, and while the trackpad is now fine, it came back with other weird problems.

For one, the left hand side is now REALLY creaky and when you squeeze it even slightly it clicks and creaks like it wasn't put back together tight enough.

Secondly, it's missing one of its rubber feet (the one from the bottom of the lower left hand side btw)

And thirdly, the area above the HD (lower left hand side, once again!) now gets hot after like half an hour, when the computer is just sitting there doing nothing. Prior to going in for repairs I could surf the internet and do minor photo editing and all that normal stuff for hours and it wouldn't get warm in the slightest.

GAH, maybe I just being picky, but all of these 3 things are really starting to annoy me already and I've only had it back for a couple hours. What should I do? Has anyone else had any of these things happen after sending a lappy into Apple for repairs?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

From what I've heard about your problem #2 you should just be able to walk into an Apple store and get some more feet for your laptop. Since you live in Chicago and have what... 4 Apple stores now? that shouldn't be too big a deal. I lost one of the feet on my iBook (although I found it in my laptop bag) so you might want to look for it. As for your other two problems... dunno.