Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mir4mad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Hi!
sorry beeen searching for an answer but can't seem to find it.

Ibook G4 shut down completely after pulling plug out of outlet.
Tried to restart by holding down power button and nothing happens- no sounds, no chime, no light. Removed battery and shows all 4 lights light up.
Power cord shows green light when plugged into outlet. Changed outlets etc.

Several weeks ago had to get a new cord cause old cord would not keep computer charged even when plugged in. No problems after replacing cord until now.

I can not get it to restart. Any help /suggestions would be greatly appreciated for a little girl who relies on her computer to play games and be independent the only way she can.

THANKS!

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Take out the battery, hold down the power button until it resets the Pram (blinking lights, long tone, then it starts up) with it plugged in of course.

Then shut down, replace battery repeat. If it doesn't start up you probaby burned out your dc in board which is a small part to fix.

Hi!
sorry beeen searching for an answer but can't seem to find it.

Ibook G4 shut down completely after pulling plug out of outlet.
Tried to restart by holding down power button and nothing happens- no sounds, no chime, no light. Removed battery and shows all 4 lights light up.
Power cord shows green light when plugged into outlet. Changed outlets etc.

Several weeks ago had to get a new cord cause old cord would not keep computer charged even when plugged in. No problems after replacing cord until now.

I can not get it to restart. Any help /suggestions would be greatly appreciated for a little girl who relies on her computer to play games and be independent the only way she can.

THANKS!

mir4mad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Thank you California for your response but nothing happened.

I took out the battery, held down the power button (with the computer plugged in) for a long time and nothing happened- no blinking lights, no long tone, no start up, nothing at all!

I'll take it in to the apple store tomorrow but I've got one unhappy girl tonight.
Problem is the computer was bought through her school district and school starts next week and tech people are trying to get ALL the computers including teachers computers up running before school begins. They went to a new system over summer and are in panic mode cause their not up and running right now.

I appreciate your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.