iBook G4 Sleep Mode Clicking Noise Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by StarBrite310, Dec 1, 2004.

1. StarBrite310 macrumors newbie

About 4 months ago I was woken up by a noise that almost sounded like a clicking camera or something and it freaked me out for a good five minutes not knowing where it was coming from, until I looked over at my iBook and saw that my sleep mode was all out of whack. It looked like the computer was trying to wake up and it became all bright inside. I knew because the apple on top was bright so I guess the desktop was lighting up. Basically I just decided to shut it down that night and forget about it. Then it happened a couple weeks later so I did the same thing. Since then it's happened maybe like 4x. Then this week it's been doing it every night so I called AppleCare and they had me put in my disk utility disc and my Apple Hardware disk and everything came up normal with no problems. So then the guy had me hold down the shift, control and the option key while I held down the power button as the computer was turned off. He said that resets the sleep mode system or something and this should fix the problem 99.9% of the time. Right now my comp is sleeping and I am waiting to see if it happens again. What I want to know is if anyone has either had this problem or has heard of it? It's the weirdest thing ever and it seems to only happen at night. Basically after being in sleep mode for like an hour or so, the computer seems to get confused and tries to turn back on. Very strange :(

2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I believe what he had you do was reset your Power management Unit. And yes that will probably solve the problem.