iBook G4 Spots

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by OutThere, Dec 4, 2003.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I recently got an iBook G4, and upon reading about the monitor spots appearing in the iBook G4s, I noticed a very faint spot in my screen. If more appear and it actually gets annoying then I will definitley report it, but do you think that I should wait until I hear about them getting fixed, or report it right now?

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Aw crap, are they happening in the G4 iBooks too? I had only heard they were happening on the new 15" PBs. I have an iBook on the way right now, I sure hope it doesn't have any spots when it gets here!

3. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Is this spot or an always on dead pixel (if that's not a contradiction)?

4. OutThere thread starter macrumors 603

OutThere

the spots are called "muras" and they are caused by manufacturing defects, often through uneven distribution of the liquid crystal. When the liquid crystal is pushed away from the spot, it is brighter there. I read an article about them that I found on Google. They are not dead pixels or clumps of dead pixels. I'm sure that Apple will find a way to remedy them, and those who have them and want to deal with the bother of sending their computer in, will be able to get them fixed.

5. howard macrumors 68020

howard

for you people that have ibook g4s, how are they? are they pretty fast?

i'm guessing they're not as fast as powerbooks of the same mhz due to amout of cache right?