Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbaseball

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Hey everybody! :)
Just gonna start by saying that I got this laptop from helping a neighbor move out and we couldn't get it working..
Well first i reset P-RAM, took out ram, reset power managment, wouldnt safe boot, boot from cd, or anything with the HD in there so i switched out the HD with one that may have a scratch in it, but better than nothing..
So I did a safe mode boot with new HD (Had OS on it) works for the first time ive seen! Delete lots of word files and whatnot to free up space, create new account, delete old one and reboot not in safe mode and it loads perfectly up to the point where login screen starts to load and then an error message pops up saying restart computer.. Ive tried the disc she gave me but it says it doesn't support this iBook, tried verify disk in disk utility and no go.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the long and messy post, I just dont know what to do next :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.