Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
So, my logic board is going out. It's doing the classic high speed fan and other issues. Pinch by the track pad and it's great. Anything I should be worried about before sending it in. Applecare ends in jan/2008. I almost put it on ebay to help pay for a macbook. Glad I checked serial numbers before I did. The bottom case has been pulled before. I don't think anything has been actually changed(HD, board, or anything else). I made the first call today and they did the pram and pmu or whatever they are. They said if it happens again to give them a call. So I'm gonna get everything off that I can and then continue to surf around until it happens.

I guess I'm a little worried that they might not warranty it since the bottom case has been off before. Previous owner told me about this, but this was well over a year ago, so I'm confident it had nothing to do with the logic board, but not sure why either.

Any thoughts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.