iBook has dirty screen

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cbonz, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbonz macrumors newbie

I've had my iBook for about a year now, and the screen has now got a few fingerprints from people poking around. Any advice on what to use to clean the screen without harming the screen?

Thanks

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Get notebook/pda/lcd cleaning spray or wipes. Many different companies make them. Some people prefer one brand or another, but I get whatever is the cheapest at the time. They are pretty cheap and not usually worth buying on the net unless you are purchasing something else too. Just go your local CompUSA, Best Buy, or any other computer store.

4. WeeShoo macrumors regular

or if you dont want to leave the house, get a kleenex soak it, and squeeze it as hard as you can leaving you with a moist little clump thing, it will work well.

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Doesn't this leave any tissue lint?

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Nope, this is my favorite method. Use the cheap ones though without the lotion built-in.

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

8. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

haha, I opened that in another tab and continued reading the thread. You can't imagine how fast I slammed down the mute button on my keyboard while reading your post...I've been stung before.

AppleMatt

9. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

I second this. I can't be bothered to spend money on stuff which will have almost the same effect as slighty tamp kitchen towel/paper.

::20ROGERSC::

10. spacefreak4 macrumors member

If you have a really really soft cloth, such as one used to clean glasses with, I'm guessing that will work well (it does for my iPod.) You could try something like this product from RadTech. Or, just a wet tissue...

11. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

i use generic screen cleaner and a good quality micro fiber towel. no problems here so far works like a charm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.