iBook hit by car - - still works!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mangis, Jan 12, 2005.

1. mangis macrumors member

Here is a testament to the durability of an iBook:

I was driving home from work today in Japan when my soft briefcase containing my iBook fell off my motor scooter into traffic. As it lay in the middle of the slow lane, the first car successfully swerved to miss it. By this time I was off the scooter trying to stop traffic, waving my hands frantically. The second car tried to aviod it, but ran over the bag, clipping its edge. It sort of pinched the bag, and it then flew up, hit the side of the car, and went even higher, probably about three feet into the air, and landed with THUD! My heart sank. Some kind Japanese woman stepped off the curb to retrieve it before the next car came by. She just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and was willing to help.

When I got home, I pressed a button since it was in sleep mode, and it just woke right up. The hard dist spun a little longer than usual, but everything seems to work. The bag is kinda mangled, but the computer looks to be ok.

How awesome!

2. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Send you story to Apple so it can make a QT movie like IBM did for its ThinkPads. :)

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    id back up the hard drive ASAP just in case it bites the dust

4. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Yes the dust can come just about anywhere :(