Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myisha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Why doesn't apple create an 10/11 inch ibook and imac mini?.Why not very a mini computer as the low end of the price range. I think it should it price a little above the mac mini about $799.00 or 899.00 USD.It would give more people the ability to afford nice quality apple desktop and laptop.Eventhough the mac mini may be an attractive buy for some you can still get a computer for about the same price that's alot larger.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
myisha said:
Why doesn't apple create an 10/11 inch ibook and imac mini?.Why not very a mini computer as the low end of the price range. I think it should it price a little above the mac mini about $799.00 or 899.00 USD.It would give more people the ability to afford nice quality apple desktop and laptop.Eventhough the mac mini may be an attractive buy for some you can still get a computer for about the same price that's alot larger.

Thats why people get it, it is a lot smaller then those larger computers. There isn't much of a gap between the high end mini and the low end imac. I guess I don't see what you mean?

mdavey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
myisha said:
Why doesn't apple create an 10/11 inch ibook and imac mini?.

Yea, I'd like to see a 10" widescreen iMac, too. If it could be based around the Mac mini logic board and have a battery pack so I can use it places where there isn't a convinient power socket, so much the better.

Oh, and if it could be detached from its stand and have a touchscreen as a BTO option... ;)

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
mdavey said:
Yea, I'd like to see a 10" widescreen iMac, too. If it could be based around the Mac mini logic board and have a battery pack so I can use it places where there isn't a convinient power socket, so much the better.

Oh, and if it could be detached from its stand and have a touchscreen as a BTO option... ;)
A small, mac mini....don't we call those iBooks?:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.