ibook -> imac

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by lifeisgood360, Feb 5, 2007.

1. lifeisgood360 macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2005
    currently a junior in the US
    i've had an ibook for 1-2 years i forget. and i can tell it's been the mainfactor affecting my working efficiency so i'm planning on selling it and buying an iMac so i can put that in the living room and limiting my computer usage time.
    i'm on a really tight budget so hopefully this will work out. idk the prices of the market these days how much can the last generation of ibook be sold for? i have microsoft office 2004 on it and the RAM is 768.
    I'm planning on buying the $1200 17" iMac. is this a good buy? i need windows as well because i do newspaper editing. if there's an imminent release of a new iMac i'll wait for that (maybe one with the wireless N on it?)
    but i'd really like to get rid of the ibook asap so i can focus on studying.

thanks for the advice
  2. California macrumors 68040

Aug 21, 2004
    No that is not a good buy on an iMac. No it doesn't sound like you have the last generation of iBooks, either, based on what you said the ram in your computer is. What speed CPU do you have on the iBook? Did it come with bluetooth? Because if it didn't, it is not the last revision.

You can get a used iMac way under 900 bucks. Educational pricing is great, too. Do your research, you will make your wallet happy.
  3. lifeisgood360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2005
  4. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2006
    Flyover country
    You can get a refurb 17" iMac from Apple for $799.00. Based on what I'm seeing on ebay, I'd guess you could get between 6 and 7 hundred bucks for your iBook. Not bad for a two year old computer.