iBook=iMacBook and PowerMac=Mac Pro

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by johnbro23, Mar 12, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

It really makes sense, and I think that is what Apple is going for. It sounds funny at first, but that is only because we are so used to calling their predecessors by different names.

Pro computers:
    Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro

Consumer computers:
    Mac Mini
    iMac
    iMacBook

The only problem is Mac Mini, but I think Apple is accepting it as an oddball. So Apple gets rid of "power" in the names (as Steve stated when he introduced MBP) and maintains "i" prefix to consumer products. Most importantly to Steve is having "mac" in all their computer names.

2. macrumors 6502a

nylon

iMacbook sounds retarded!!! It'll simply be the Macbook or they will leave it as the iBook. They left the name for the iMac as it is.

3. macrumors 6502a

asherman13

Pro:

Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro

Consumer:

Mac Mini
    Mac
    MacBook

I know, I know, they already introduced the Intel iMac, but hey...it could be nice. Has there ever been a plain "Mac"? Not Macintosh, but Mac?

EDIT Oh and the cool new iPod that might come out on/around April 1 would be the iPod Pro.

4. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

god I hope they don't do that. First, because it would cause needless confusion:
    "I'm getting a new mac..."
    "Do you mean a new mac or a new 'mac?'"

Second because the imac is the computer that saved apple and is identified with the ipod. It's iconic at this point.

And third because there's such a thing as overly simplified. :rolleyes:

5. macrumors 68000

Danksi

I don't care what it's called - so long as it just works! :)