iBook International Plug question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Titchski, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Titchski macrumors newbie

I've just got my iBook (yay for me) and I have a question, already about buying something for it. I am travelling to the UK next week for Christmas and the New Year (I'm from the UK but live in Florida these days). Can I just plug in a UK adapter to the ibook, or better still, can I just get a UK plug for the current adaptor (as they seem to be interchangeable)

Ideas please! I leave next week and don't want to take the iBook out of my sight for an instant :D

2. brap macrumors 68000

A cheap international adapter from any hardware store will suffice, the PSU is rated between 110 and 240v. Should cost < £2. You can also buy the travel-pack thingy from the Apple store, though that's far more expensive.

3. maya macrumors 68040

maya

All Apple notebooks are "world current" meaning the current will change automatically. As for the adapter the plug is inter-changable however its expensive.

Do as the poster above has stated get a world traveller adapter 3rd party for all your electronic gadgets and equipment it will save you a bundle and has more options. :)

4. deebster macrumors 6502

My G3 iBook has a standard female connector on the power adaptor which accepts a male 'kettle lead' (smaller connector size). Assuming the newer models haven't changed that you could just pick up any standard lead in the UK.

5. busasa macrumors member

Go to any Apple shop, and ask them if they have any leftover plugs for sale. I did that and got an apple HK(same with the Brits) plug that fits in just like the US one for 50 hkd. That's like 6 bucks US........... woohoo!!

6. maya macrumors 68040

maya

well that is great, however paying 10 USD for a adapter bar, will give you more plugs to plugin more electronics. :)