iBook is here

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by joshwest, Aug 27, 2005.

1. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

with everyone help and convincing i decided to go ahead and pair my iMac up with a brand new 14" iBook its stock need to throw a gig of Ram for proper garage band recording and its up to going? I had a question what is everyones opoion on the MacMice "the mouse" BT version? was wanting to get that for travel

2. lfielder06 Guest

I have heard bad reviews on "the mouse bt" from macmice. I picked up a logitech mx900 off of amazon for like $65 after shipping and it has been great. Synced up the buttons with expose and dashboard so it is perfect. It is also chargable so I don't need to keep changing batteries.

3. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I never use apple mice, apple builds great computers and sofware but bad mice imo. Even Might Mouse is not that good :\

4. godbout macrumors regular

Congrats on the new iBook! I would go for a logitech MX518. They are great mice and can be customized. I know that they are corded and it sounds like you want BT but i really think that you should consider the corded option because BT will need batteries, charging, etc, and it will also shorten the battery life of your iBook (although I am not really sure by how much, I should admit). Right now I think that BT mice are better suited to desktops where you are looking for a clean solution (but I know that many people disagree). Anyways, either or... just make sure that you have fun!