iBook keyboard grabs my fingers

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sotied, Nov 12, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

Has anyone else found that the keyboard seems to grab the edges of your fingers if you type too quickly and move from the bottom line of letters upward to the middle (or home) row of keys?

I'm typing about 60WPM and it's irritating to keep snagging the edges of my fingers when trying to write something.

As I do this for a living (NO, not complain about miniscule stuff, BUT I DO WRITE for a living), is there a replacement keyboard or do you think apple would replace the one I have for another?

A prime example is just now, using my index finger on my right hand to type the word "miniscule," I caught the finger on the "H" and when I typed "finger," I caught the left index finger on the "T" on the way to the R.

Helping me please........

Jeff

2. macrumors 68000

Leareth

I have seen this problem with my partner and his G4 iBook, he has very thin fingers and they get caught on the edges too, the problem was solved with a iSkin keyboard cover, edges are eliminated so no catching of fingers plus no dirt and dust get into the keyboard as well as being softer on the fingers than the plain keyboard, as an aside he did not have the problem with the G3 iBook keyboard...
    Hope that helps.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

PERFECT

I hope it helps too. I'll try it.

Thanks,

Jeff

4. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah, that happened to me a lot too. I've changed to a Pro Keyboard now, so I don't need to worry about it :) (although I miss the portability).

5. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wow, I totally forgot I had this problem when I first got my iBook...and the reason I forgot is cuz I got an iSkin for completely seperate reasons, and didn't experience it again. :)