iBook Keyboard

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Jordan6, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Jordan6 macrumors regular

My lil nephew spilled a cup of juice on my keyboard(luckily it was only minor)we thought it was nothing, until a few housr later a few of the keys didn't work anymore, he basically spilled it on the right side(where arrows, shift, return buttons are)there is some more keys that do not work also(do you guys know how annoying it is not being able to put periods at the end of sentences, lol)

anywho, what can i do to fix this(i cant use the question mark key LOL)

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Well you could wait a few more days and see if it starts to work again for you or you could give Apple a call and get a new KB but it will cost $$$ (not sure how much).
    I would wait if it were me just incase it starts to work in the next few days. You might want to get one for a backup after this incase this happens again :cool:

3. Jordan6 thread starter macrumors regular

forgot to mention, its been like this for at least 1.5 months, i got use to it after a while, but this weekend i could not take it anymore.is changing keyboards myself something that's easy??

4. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

A friend of mine, ironically also named Jordan, did the same thing. I bought an iBook keyboard pretty cheap off eBay (about $20) and replaced it. It's fairly easy to do.

5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Yeah, I just did my friends and showed him how to in about 10 mins. just take your time ;)

6. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

One week after my uncle bought his new iBook he spilled coke on it (no, not the white stuff). I was appalled and wanted to throw something at him for being outright irresponsible. Dammit people! Don't drink, eat, breathe or touch yourself near your mac!

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You might as well not even use it then.

8. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Are u still under warranty? Some places just might replace the KB for free, however it can't be an official Apple store. The KB is a part that does not have to be sent back to Apple when a repair is performed so if you go through an independent they may just swap it out free. No assurances though, its an easy replacement if you want to do it. On the iBook all you have to do is take 2 screws out and pull the cable out.

9. Jordan6 thread starter macrumors regular

I un-screw the 2 screws and pull the film type thing off, but theres another screw that's closer towards the trackpad that looks like it has to be un-screwed, dont touch that(QUESTION)