iBook LCD scuffed

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ghostee, Jul 17, 2005.

1. ghostee macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2004
    Villa Park, IL
    I was cleaning my 12" iBook G4's LCD screen using a cleaning kit from Best Buy. I havn't cleaned it in a while, and it was pretty dirty. I guess I must have pressed too hard, and I wound up with some scuff marks. Anybody have any idea how to repair something like this? Is it even possible? They're not noticeable during normal use, I mainly see them with the screen off. They don't look like they'd photograph good but I will try to take some pics tomarrow if that would help anyone identify a potential solution.
  2. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    :eek: Scuff marks on screen after cleaning it :eek:
    Not sure why it did that. Are they just streaks from left on cleaner or are they imprinted into the screen?
  3. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    I treat my computer screen like I do the detailing job on my car. I use fine, high quality micro fiber cloth/towel or soft cottong computer cloth to clean my computers. If you put pressure on the screen, you will grind in the particles/dusts into the screen surface. When I dry my car I only use micro fiber towel and use micro fiber for removing polishes and/or waxes. Plastic is very easy to get the fine scratches.