iBook LCD Weirdness

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by chucknorris, Feb 10, 2006.

1. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

I left for class last Thursday, closed the lid on my iBook and returned to find the screen seriously screwed up.

Since the computer is still under warranty I naturally called Apple Care and told the representative what happened. He informed me that the repair would be free and that I would be receiving a box in about two business days.

Returning to the screen problems now, what I saw when I opened the lid strongly resembled a crack. Investigating further though, I found the LCD was intact.

To further check for physical damage, I powered the computer off and checked the display again. Nothing was visibly wrong when powered off, so I was satisfied that it was simply a defect. This is all not to mention the fact that this computer is babied, has never been dropped and has never been in the care of anyone but me.

Obviously the rep I spoke to agreed that the symptoms I described could only be caused by a defect, so I had no doubt that it would be covered by warranty.

Predictably though, Apple received my iBook and is now saying that it is accidentally damaged. I have explained that I am absolutely POSITIVE that nothing could have damaged it and that this DEFECT appeared out of the blue, but they have been persistent. The customer relations rep assigned to my case is very dense (to be blunt) and does not seem to have any interest in hearing my side of things. Has anybody had a similar experience? What should I do at this point?

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

it would have helped if you had taken pictures before you sent it as proof. my best advice would be just to not take no for an answer. That's why you have a warranty. If things go bad, they fix them. Don't let them give you crap.

3. chucknorris thread starter macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

Thanks, Caleb. I think I'll ask for this lady's supervisor if she won't listen to me when she calls back.