iBook Logic Board Warranty Program

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacFan782040, Sep 25, 2004.

1. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

I have a dual-USB iBook with a logic board (?) problem. I've had it replaced once before, but now it is showing symptoms again of: blue-ish tint on the screen... and red marks showing up, expecially when I wake up from sleep. To correct these problems, moving the hinge pack and forth once usually fixes it. I called up the number for the logic board problem and the lady told me it was a HINGE WIRE PROBLEM and that it wasn't covered by the recall. WHAT????? When I had problems before moving the hinge was the solution too and it was fixed!! OH, COME ON! What now???

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Unfortunately the REA would not cover that problem, as much as that sucks there is really little you can do about it. If you tried to send it into Apple and they could not replicate something that is covered under the REA, they would fix the non REA problem and charge you. Kinda sucks, but in the future its a good idea to get AppleCare so you don't have to worry about these things for 3 years.

3. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Well I got a MacMall 2 year extension, so I'll give them a call. Thanks though