iBook memory locations

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by saabmp3, Jul 27, 2002.

1. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

I hate to ask this as I know I've seen it here before, but I couldn't find it in the search area. I'm going to buy an iBook (my frist mac) sometime this week, but I don't want/can't spend 400 dollars for a 512 upgrade. I've seen some sites that sell iBook memory much cheaper, but I can't seem to find them. Can anyone help me out here?

BEN

PS, I'm going to be getting the 700/40GB/airport config

2. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

3. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

Re: eshop.macsales.com/

thats where i got my 512MB module for my iBook 600. great service, no hassles.

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

www.mohawkmem.com

Call them at 1-888-FYI-GEEK to get up to date prices. They backup the memory they sell with a lifetime gurantee. I use them for all my memory needs, as does the company I work for. I will also be purchasing the Radeon 9700 video card when they become available from them.

5. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

OWC aka eshop.macsales.com

OWC (eshop.macsales.com/ ) also has a lifetime gurantee on their ram.

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: OWC aka eshop.macsales.com

I have purchased items from them before, and they succeeded in pissing me off. I paid for overnight shipping and it came several days later. I placed the order on a Wednesday, making sure that I would have the item BEFORE the weekend. Well, it didn't arrive Thursday, so I called them on it. It should have arrived on Friday, but didn't. It eventually came the next week, which completely shot my plans for the weekend.

Every time I have placed an order with Mohawk, it has arrived when it was supposed to. I can also go and pick up items from Mohawks retail location, since it is a short drive from both where I work and live.

7. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Well....

Well I said "OWC (eshop.macsales.com/ ) also has a lifetime guarantee on their ram." A lifetime guarantee on their ram doesn't entail their shipping methods, I'll grant you that there shipping takes a day or two before it leaves, but so please tell me how shipping is apart of their lifetime guarantee? Unless you failed to mention a previous encounter not listed on this thread, I fail to see how this has any barring AT ALL on their guarantee. Yes, I got an order a few days late too; I ordered 2 256mb sticks of RAM, one work fine the other was defective. I sent back the defective one and was sent another stick of ram that worked. There that's proof of their guarantee on their RAM.

8. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

mohawkmem.com

may not be the cheapest, but they are competetive and good quality. i ihave used them

9. saabmp3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, thank you very much for all the responses. I looked at both sites mentioned, and they both say for the iBook 500/600. What about the 700? Should I call them up and ask what they say, or is it the same?

BEN

10. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

When in doubt, call and ask.

The 500, 600 and 700 MHz models all use PC100 memory, so the memory listed for the 500MHz and 600MHz models should work for the 700MHz model.

11. King Cobra macrumors 603

My father usually gets his computer memory from www.18004memory.com and has little trouble with the site. The prices are excellent and the quality is right up there.