iBook Next?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by OutThere, Sep 16, 2003.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

To keep with the year of the notebook do you think that Apple will release the updated iBooks by the end of the year? Now that the Powerbooks were updated the only thing on the Buyer's Guide that is marked Don't Buy-Updates Soon is the iBook. I guess we'll see....

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I believe that IBM said their 750GX processors would be available around the first of the year, so it will probably be after that when the iBooks will make it over 1GHz.

3. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

GROAN

Oh no. Not more Apple portable speculation......

:D:D:D

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's better than the moaning and groaning over in the PowerBook threads. "oh, it's not fast enough." "oh, it doesn't have that." "why do they even bother?" "it took them how long to do that?"

:D

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

it would be nice to see no ibooks under 1 ghz come january

and maybe it's time to dump the cd-rom and graduate the machine to combo drive only and still keep the $999 price tag

and i can see the ibook sticking with the G3 processor for another year before the demand for a G4 processor gets too high for this consumer portable...by then, the G5 will most likely be in powerbooks

i can't conceive a product line where there are G3s still in ibooks when there would be G5s in powerbooks