iBook not taking power from the adapter

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ibookin', Jan 25, 2004.

1. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

My iBook 800MHz Combo no longer draws power from the AC adapter. I tried it with another adapter and it didn't work, so a problem with the adapter is fine. My battery is dead, but if I swap the battery it will boot up fine. I have reset the power manager, and this did not help.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me before I send it to Apple?

This bugs me, because the iBook will go out of warranty in a few months and I'm afraid of it breaking after that. I plan to buy a new machine anyway, but I want to give this one to my sister and have her use it for a good long while.

Sigh... :(

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Something quite similar happened to me about one month ago with my iBook. It wouldn't draw power from 3 different power adapters. I sent it off to apple and it turned out a cable was loose that connected to the dc board. (Must have fallen out during shipment). Call apple before your warranty expires and get this fixed. Good luck.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
  4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

It is your little power board within your iBook, which has either wiggled loose, or has broken. Its a cheap $2 part from Apple, try going to a local Apple service center, they will probably have one, and it won't take you weeks to get it back.

5. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

Small Dog sells these boards for US$21. I actually paid a lot from from someone else, but Small Dog didn't respond to my e-mail until after I had ordered mine.

6. janey macrumors 603

janey

note to you guys: applecare didnt want to fix ibookin's iBook, so he got a new PowerBook. Today. :)