ibook now or in MWSF

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by applemacdude, Nov 27, 2002.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

ok i want a ibook. im not in a hurry to get one and i would want to know from you if i should get it now or january? what do u reccomend? please advise me

2. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Re: ibook now or in MWSF

I doubt Apple would update the iBook so quickly. There most likely would be no changes to the iBook except the ability to boot into OS 9 will be gone after January 1st 2003. This iBook in my opinion will be the last iBook with a G3 in it. By MacWorld New York (in July '03) or a few months after wards there will be a iBook G4. That's what I'm waiting for a nice beautiful iBook G4 with a combo drive.

3. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

yea, definitely get it now. just after an update is the best time to buy. dont wait, enjoy it :)

4. razorme macrumors regular

razorme

The last round of updates were enough to get me to buy. I had been using an iMac 400, but now have a wireless iBook 800 on my lap - it kicks butt! Buy now, and you will have the latest and greatest for awhile!

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: ibook now or in MWSF

Like the others said.... now.

The iBook will not be updated at MWSF. Based on Apple's history, the iBook won't be updated for approx 9 months.

arn

6. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Now. Expecting an upgrade that fast is a fool's game.

7. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I'd suggest now, but like Jobs said, when the updates are there we'll ship em.... so anything can happen, but I highly doubt some new ones already. So go buy one now.

8. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

applemacdude

so no new designs/updates. darn but in 9 months wont the g5 come. haha:D

9. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

applemacdude

or not get a ibook and get a imac. scratch this if i win applestore sweepstakes

10. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

get one now and you'll get more satisfaction because it'll "last" longer as the "current" models before going lower...and I reckon it will remain G3 for a looong time still...even after the other machines move to the 970 or other...

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i got one!

all right, after a year of dragging my feet, i finally ordered my ibook (800 MHz, 640 RAM, 40 gig HD), about 1/2 hour ago.

the final nail: i took my lombard to a rehearsal tonight to work on my play (i'm a writer), and the fully-charged battery gave out after 1/2 hour. ugh.

yes, i could get a new battery, but a new ibook is just so much more fun. and now the lombard can replace my g3/266 as my webserver.

applemacdude, i buy as infrequently as i can (now 6 macs since 1985), and even i pulled the trigger on this one.