iBook now or later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by inkswamp, Jan 29, 2005.

  1. inkswamp macrumors 68030


    Jan 26, 2003
    When was the last revision to the iBook line?

    My wife and I have agreed that we want to augment our current Mac with a 12" iBook and an AirPort Express Base Station. I have no memory of when the last revision to the iBooks happened and I don't want to be one of those "lucky" folks who buys only to have a better model come out a couple weeks later.

    Also, knowing utterly nothing about graphics cards, can someone tell me how the ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 in the 12" iBook stacks up next to the GeForce2 MX that I currently have in my iMac G4? Presumably, it's a better card, right? I don't want to assume because I know that laptops sometimes have to be hobbled in strange ways in consideration of heat issues and it makes me wonder how this card performs.
  2. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a


    Sep 19, 2004
    The last rev was in the final week of October. Providing the three year trend continues, then the next iBook update will be in April sometime. You're pretty safe to buy right now.
  3. lasuther macrumors 6502a

    Feb 13, 2004
    Grand Haven, Michigan
    If you can wait, then wait. Tiger will be out in a few months. There will probably be a minor speed bump, possible graphics card upgrade, and Tiger to get.


Share This Page