Ibook now shipping same business day

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Danzsupreme, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Danzsupreme macrumors member

I noticed in the apple store that Ibooks are now shipping same business day with Mac Mini and Powerbooks.

Emacs and Imacs which are supposed to be updated have 5 - 7 days.

By now showing ibooks as shipping same day is that a hint that they WILL NOT be updated anytime soon?

2. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

This seems to indicate eMac and iMac updates next tuesday.

PowerBooks just had an update and the Mac mini is too recent.

Just sucks for the iBook though. And I'm waiting for an update (12" iBook)/new model (iBook mini) too. :(

3. WolfgangK macrumors member

I'm in the same boat...

I'm a bit pessimistic on an update anytime soon...I was more optimistic before the shipping times went back down to one day.

I've decided that I'm ordering one Monday or Tuesday, update or not. I've been waiting for months, as I thought there'd be the traditional April update. And I'm really just exausted of the wait. And now that I'll be able to get it with Tiger, my reasons for waiting are dwindling compared to my desire to have it, and enjoy it now.

I've got a B&W G3 at home, which still works great, but I've been eager to get a 12" iBook so I can do some iMovie editing, make some dvds, and just have fun with in general. I'd been holding out for a better gpu, but I can live with the 32mb. Shoot, my G3 only has 16, so I should still be pretty happy with doubling that heh?

All that said, as my luck would have it lately, Apple will update the line immediately after I slap my money down. Oh well. :rolleyes:

4. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

You do know you can't order the 12" iBook with a superdrive, do you?

5. WolfgangK macrumors member

Yep, I've got an external DVD burner that I use now with my desktop machine.

6. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

No, just checked (like a second ago). 12" are 3-5 business days, and both 14" models are 2-4 business days. Mind you this is Apple Canada though. But when the stores here like Best Buy are out of stock on the iBooks except for some floor units, what does this tell you?

7. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

well, I've been following these threads for at least a couple of years, and this is the first time I can really feel this tension of waiting... by September I will have an iBook 12" but I too was expecting the April update as per the buyers guide. I *am* going to hold out for the better GPU though, though it'll be torture, since holding out for a better GPU also means holding out for tiger. Grr. hehe.

8. Beck446 macrumors regular

I actually think it's a good thing they aren't being updated right now. I'd rather have the iMac and eMac get out of the way now so that WWDC is clearly about portables. If that's the case, we have a great shot at a totally new chip in the Powerbook and a redesign of the iBook case (the iBook design has been around for forever after all). Another couple months in return for a quarter of an inch off the iBook width is not a bad deal. :D