iBook off Ebay has display problems - Any ideas?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by briansolomon, Aug 1, 2006.

1. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

Okay, I had to take these pictures using a cameraphone. It was all that was available at the time. What you're looking at is 4 distinct "dead" spots on the LCD. However, they are bigger than a dead/stuck pixel. Much larger. We don't know if it was dropped or hit from behind. Anyone have any experience with this kind of problem?

Attached Files:

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Almost looks like scuff marks from the keyboard, but cannot really tell.

3. briansolomon thread starter macrumors 6502

briansolomon

Yeah, it's not scuff marks. It's almost like the white spots that were on the recalled powerbooks awhile ago. Except they are very specific and too defined to be like those. I need to get better pictures:(

4. CuteGothTech macrumors member

CuteGothTech

I wouldn't care as long as I could still use it. You got it from ebay so unless you still have a warranty, don't worry about it.

5. briansolomon thread starter macrumors 6502

briansolomon

Still has AppleCare we just found out! It's going to be shipped away this week...very curious about this...it's extremely bizarre!

6. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

7. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

I have seen marks like those before on a Powerbook that had suffered quite a bit of damage. I think those might be caused by being hit from behind or from the side. But don't quote me on that, i could be wrong. But that's what I suspect. If there is no apparent damage, I'm sure Apple will replace it. However, if there is obvious user caused damage... that's another story. good luck with it though! With such small marks, I would guess that apple would replace it.