iBook On the Way & Some Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Bran, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Bran macrumors member

OMFG I DID IT!!!

Just ordered from Apple Canada a beefed up 12" iBook. Kinda pissed me off Jobs didn't say anything about the iBook this morning and I can't wait for his slow ass any more....

I ordered by credit card thru www.apple.ca's EDU discount with express shipping for $22CAD. Now it claims 3~5 business day shipping....

Anybody know when I can expect this on my door step? Cuz im very anxious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get the new iLife right?

OMG.... finally back on a mac after 5 years of this bull****.

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

The reason it takes so long is because it ships from Taiwan and it has to clear customs. As for the new iLife, I am not sure it comes with it. If it doesn't then...http://www.apple.com/ilife/uptodate/

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yeah, it's not clear if it will come with the new ilife or not. The software isn't for sale for 10 days, but sometimes they preload it on new machines earlier than commercial release...

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

The 3-5 weeks usually is a an outside guess. Our Al15 predicted the same but it came in 2.

5. Bran thread starter macrumors member

You do mean "days" don't you!!! Say yes. Don't scare me.

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Ah, excuse me I misread your post I didn't see that you had said 3-5days. If you custom ordered though there is a good chance that you ship date will be slipped back in the next day or two. When we ordered ours the machines were had a 3-5 day shipping time but we custom ordered. As soon as we could we checked our order and it said 3-5 days. Within the next day or two it moved out to 3-5 weeks because it had to be ordered from Asia because it was a custom order. As I said though it ended up coming in 2 weeks and that was with the slow shipping.

7. Bran thread starter macrumors member

My shipping status got updated to "On or before Jan 14th". So expecting the worst, the 14th. How long will it take to actually get into the air and get to me? This is starting to sound like I should have just gotten the free shipping... rather than the express.

8. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Well there on or before statement is quite true and often turns to before. If you don't actually need the machine yesterday I would call them up before it ships and save yourself some bucks by switching to free shipping.

9. Bran thread starter macrumors member

$22 CAD is worth if even if it gets here a day early !!

10. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

That's probably true.