iBook or iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by hhwhite, Jul 17, 2005.

1. hhwhite macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2005
    Hey everyone!
    I'm new here, and this site looks awesome, im definitly going to stick around.

Okay, Well for Christmas, my mom promised me a Mac, i was going twords the iMac G5 (17" 1,299). Well, last year they updated the iBook in october...and it would be a help if i got a laptop, becuase i travel a lot--not like monthly, but a lot. But then again, i am at home a lot, too. and they should be updating the iBook again this year, in oct. beacuse they usually update every year or so--but apple is switching to intel chips--and the ibook and powerbook are likely to get updated soon, so do you think they are going to update the iBook before christmas, or in 2006 with Intel Processers? and if they dont, should I get the iBook G4 for christmas, or the iMac G5? and if they do update the iBook, what do you think they will update it for? Intel Processers? More GHz? When Exactly or Approxmently do you think they will update the iBook?

( I was thinking about getting the 14" iBook $1299)

2. Gmac07 macrumors member

Jul 13, 2005

it really depends on how much you value portability. if you travel that much i would definitly be looking for a ibook or 12" pb. and if you not getting one till christmas, im sure there will be some sort of update before that. but definitly go for the laptop unless your doing some real intensive video editing or anything like that.
  3. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Agreed- iBook for portability, iMac for performance. You just need to decide which you need more.