iBook or MacBook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by fetler, Apr 8, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 8, 2006
    I'm was looking at buying an iBook this month, but have since read of the new MacBook due to go on sale in 30-60 days time. I've got a few questions if any of you would be kind enough to answer them :)

Will the MacBook be similarly priced to the 12" iBook? Will the iBook disappear from stores after the release of the MacBook, or will there be a reduction in price?

I'm curious as I don't need something with the power of the MacBook, and i'm in desperate need of a new laptop as my PC is dying a slow and painful death, and I can really only afford the 12" iBook :(

2. macrumors 68040

Mar 24, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    doesn't that answer your question? ;)
  3. macrumors 68030

Jun 15, 2005
    1) The MacBook is likely to cost the same as the current iBooks
    2) When replaced third-party retailers are highly likely to still have iBooks in stock for a while.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2006
    Kennesaw, GA
    apple is going to continue selling the 12" iBook for a while after the release of the MacBook and probably for a lower price. I would wait until they're released just to see a comparison and then make your choice. I'm kind of in the same boat but I dont need one til Aug. I dont NEED the power of the MacBook.....but I sure would like it :p