ibook or Macbook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ddk121, May 29, 2006.

1. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Hey!
    I am considering purchasing an apple notebook, and would mainly use it for e-mail, INTERNET, messeger and itunes, yet I am not sure wether I should buy a macbook or an ibook. Which one do you think I should buy?

2. wingsky macrumors member

Well seeing as you can't buy new iBooks from apple anymore I say you don't have much choice in the brand new department. That being said look at your budget and spend whatever you are comfortable with.:)

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Either one would suit your needs, but the MacBook is the future. iBook support will gradually fade out in the coming years, so unless you're on a budget looking for a cheap used iBook (which would be fine), the MacBook is your ticket.

4. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

you could pick up a good used one if you wanted to save some money. For your purposes, the iBook would be a great addition to your family.

5. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

Yes the iBook is enough, but I would still buy a new MacBook if I was the OP. Faster CPU, brighter screen, more future proof, ability to install Windows if the need arrises, Faster HD, higher res screen.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I agree for all of the above reasons. Let me just add - better keyboard, much more solid build overall.

That said - I have an ibook for sale if you're interested. ;)

7. designed macrumors 6502

designed

MacBook - it's more likely to last longer into the future in every way.