Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: good ideas

Originally posted by Grokgod
I think the mugs stainless steel are a great idea. I would buy. Depending on the logo design ofcourse. Which leads me to the thought about what Agreenster said, have an area for posting art and design work.

Maybe even have a contest for the best macrumors logo with the winner getting an immediate upgrade in status!

Although the idea sounds nice, organizing/managing it is kind of tricky. Look at SpyMac and their image galleries. I don't particularly like them all that much, but who knows, maybe Arn could work out something better.

MacRumor Desktops, screen savers, etc. would be nice to have, members can submit their own and maybe even vote on which ones they like the best. It would add a new level to the site, and as a multimedia artist, I'd love to have another place to put my work.

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Well, I can say that I am glad that I have the iMac, and the iBook. The iBook is just amazing. No it doesn't run X as fast as a G4 PowerBook, but may, for portability, the little sucker can't be beat. I would keep what you have, get the iBook, and then sell both for a G5 after San Fran....;)

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
For d*cking around online, I'm sure the iBook does just fine, as well as with most office applications. When it comes to anything along the lines of Photoshop or page layout applications, you really do want the G4 processor (TiBook). Plus the TiBook hit the recommended spec's for the next version of OS X, which the iBook doesn't. :p While you will most likely be able to run Jaguar on both, it will really scream on the TiBook (compared to the iBook).

BTW, the 800MHz TiBook is one sweeeet piece of hardware. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.