iBook price drop?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacSA, Jun 4, 2003.

1. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

Do you think we're likely to see a drop in proce of the iBook range? I was thinking of getting one, but with the powerbook now at £1299 (12.1"), it doesn't seem quite so attractive, especially considering you get a 867MZ G4, 256 MB of DDR ram etc. with the powerbook. :)

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You're right, they are quite close now, maybe they'll drop the iBook price at WWDC? On the other hand, there's a possibility that they simply want to sell more PowerBooks for whatever reason, and I think quite a lot of people would upgrade from the iBook to the PowerBook for the £100 difference.

In other words, I have no idea :)

3. kjwebb macrumors regular

The price for the iBooks here in australia have dropped down by (i think) AU$100, but this could be the exchange rate affecting the cost???

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i don't think that a price drop will be coming for the iBooks... and for the coupel of hundred dollars extra, you should just go for the PowerBook 12". you can't even compare them to the iBooks, they're just awesome.

kjwebb, LOL :D no koalas as pets. :) they're stinking little buggers ay? but as Steve (The Crocodile Hunter) says "Crocks rule!!" :D