iBook problem

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jamescwarren, Dec 31, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

My cousin has an 1.33 GHz 12" iBook G4 from school as they are involved in the Apple Computer 1-2-1 program. But yesterday my cousin showed me that his laptop is developing little white circles of spots on the display. There is a whole line of them going across the middle and soon I am sure that they will scatter around even more. I know my cousin can't do anything about it because it is a school laptop and probably all his friends school laptops will have the same problem sonner or later if not already, but what I was wondering is, does Apple know about this so other people can get there screens replaced. I know Apple set up a return program for faulty PowerBook G4's with the same problem a while back now but I have seen no sign of a program for the iBook.

2. macrumors 65816

cwedl

Just doing a google search 'white spots iBook' tonnes of other messages from other forums come up, so I'm sure Apple would know about it, If you speak to the person in charge of the laptops at your school, maybe they can sort it out?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

Thanks for the help cwedl

4. macrumors 68040

California

Like someone else wrote on a different thread about the same problem, make sure he is not carrying the computer in a bag or backpack where pressue is being put on the screen. This, too, can cause white spots.