Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBook2PowerBook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Hi all. First post :D

I am selling my iBook G3 on eBay at the moment....It has a combo drive.

Today I wanted to make sure everything worked fine on it and, unsurprisingly, something's wrong. The combo drive doesn't want to read DVD's.

I tried all kinds of DVD's, and made sure the settings under the System Preferences were correct, but it still ejects whenever it reads the DVD.

Any help?

hishat

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
United Kingdom
Hi all. First post :D

I am selling my iBook G3 on eBay at the moment....It has a combo drive.

Today I wanted to make sure everything worked fine on it and, unsurprisingly, something's wrong. The combo drive doesn't want to read DVD's.

I tried all kinds of DVD's, and made sure the settings under the System Preferences were correct, but it still ejects whenever it reads the DVD.

Any help?

so what exactly happens? does the ibook eject the dvd automatically without any sort ov message pop up on the screen?

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
I would get that drive checked out. Never heard of that before.

Are you sure all the dvd's you tried were good? Look into the region too (assuming your trying movies).

iBook2PowerBook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
so what exactly happens? does the ibook eject the dvd automatically without any sort ov message pop up on the screen?

Yup. It just makes the reading noise and ejects it without any error messages. Actually, last time it made several loud clicks.

iBook2PowerBook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I would get that drive checked out. Never heard of that before.

Are you sure all the dvd's you tried were good? Look into the region too (assuming your trying movies).

I tried movies and data DVD's.

I bought it from someone who's a member here actually [the drive], so there's no way they can check it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.