Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVM

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
I received my ibook a couple of days ago. I was trying to see if I had any free wifi connections around me and I couldn't (although that's not the point of the story). When I deleted the url in the box, it showed a drop box with tons of websites on it (amazon, apple, 1800flowers,<-----I know!). I was like, what on earth?! I haven't connected to internet on my ibook, so how is possible that these urls are showing up on my history? Is it possible I have a refurb? I'll be pissed if that's the case because I payed for a spanking new computer! Also, how do I check to see my computer info (hard drive size, memory size, etc.)

Dynamyk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2005
Toronto
Don't worry about the links, same thing happened to mine and I bought mine brand new from the store.

Also to check your specs, click the Apple on the top left and then about this Mac, then click more info.

Hope I helped.

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Lol. That freaked me out too. Actually. there are lots of presets that apple (kindly???) preloaded in the bookmarks folder. click on the bookmark icon. browse around. there are lots of them, many you'll recognize. You'll also notice apple's most important website pages are preloaded too :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.