iBook RAM

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Vlade, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I just ordered a 256MB stick of RAM for my new ibook and it turns out that apple uses a special PC2100 SODIMM that is 32x32 or something, and didn't mention it anywhere. Its frustrating when they specify PC2100 SODIMM and I buy it and it doesn't work, because then I had to return it and my store has seemed to have dropped of the face of the earth (going from 100% ebay feedback to about 50% and not returning phone calls on his answering machine).

I NEED more RAM, so instead of trying to get my money back from that store I am just going to accept my 40 dollar loss and start over. Where is the cheapest place to buy iBook specific RAM seeing that ibooks need a special kind of it. I am surprised on how my new 1.07GHZ ibook is slower than my 733MHZ G4 just because of the RAM difference.

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

3. Vlade thread starter macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Ebay is still a good place to buy stuff, remember that the guy I ordered from had over 100 positive feedbacks with a 99%+ positive rating, and he had really good support for a while, and then it seems he died. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did die or something bad happened to him.

Thanks for the link, I will check there.